Thursday, March 21, 2013

What does Resurrection mean to me?


1. It assures me that my convictions are true, for He is risen as He said, and all He said will come to pass. It is pure silliness to believe in a God and not believe He could rise from the dead. Rom 4:17
2. It means I am forgiven of my sins and my conscience is right in being pure. “If He is not risen, I am yet in my sins.” His resurrection proves the acceptance of His payment. “It is finished” means “paid in full”...and I have peace with God. 1st John 5:18, Rom 4:25
3. It confirms my confidence of my own resurrection from the dead. 1st Corinthians 15:23, Romans 8:11,
4. It gives me the hope of seeing my Christian family and friends again 1st Corinthians 15:18 (If Christ is not raised.)
5. It confirms my life has meaning and purpose 1st Corinthians 15:29-32, “29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantage the it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we die.”
6. It assures me that I am enabled with the power to live a victorious life Ephesians 1:19-20, “19

No comments:

Post a Comment